Finance for non-finance Managers and Directors Training
Why Finance for Non-Finance ?
As a Manager who understands the financial side of their business, you are much more effective than those who don’t.
This high Impact training will demystify the language of finance to enable you to contribute more effectively to business success.
This course adopts a common sense, layman’s approach to enable delegates to understand and interpret financial statements, improve their ability to forecast and manage costs and understand key accounting concepts.
All too often, a manager’s performance is measured by how effectively they oversee departmental budgets. To succeed as a nonfinancial manager, knowledge of basic financial principles and the budgeting process is critical. This course transforms financial and accounting concepts into decision-making tools you can use successfully every day. You learn to apply the fundamentals of finance to improve budget management, increase potential profits, and assess the financial performance of business activities.
Who Should Attend
Nonfinancial managers and anyone who wants to develop their knowledge of financial practices to improve their managerial skills.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of finance and of controlling costs
- Appreciate how budgets are constructed and utilized
- Make sense of financial jargon related to published business accounts and management accounting reports
- Demonstrate their understanding of cost management, the budgeting process and the need for effective budgetary forecasts and control
- Demonstrate their understanding of financial techniques associated with capital expenditure and the concept of risk management
- Basis of the accounting system
- Major accounting terms, principles and concepts
- The financial statements
- Analysis of financial statements
- Costs, volume and prices
- Improve your management of working capital
- Improve your capital budgeting
- Improve your planning and budgeting
- How to interpret accounts, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Use of financial ratios
- Understanding accounts, accounting standards and rules
- Management accounting
- Control of working capital, stock, creditors, debtors and cash
- Budget forecasting and control
- Cost accounting and control
- Understanding the need to financially appraise capital expenditure projects
- Company taxation and strategies
- The economy and financial control
Why Finance Matters
The Key Building Blocks of Financial Control
Decoding the profit and loss account
Analysing the balance sheet
Cash Flow: The Lifeblood of Organisations
Making the key connection between business activity and cash flow
The importance of depreciation and amortization
Managing a Cost Center
Overview of costing methods
Selecting the best costing method
A Manager’s Guide to Budgeting
Recognising that budgets are more than numbers
Comparing budget approaches
Types of budgets
Budgeting as a planning and control tool
Pulling It All Together
Dolphins Training & Consultants ltd
View Park Towers ,10th Fl ,Utalii Lane & L584-off UN Avenue, Gigiri.
P O Box 27859 00100 Nairobi, Kenya Tel +254-20-2211362/4/5 or 2211382 Cell+254-712-636404
Your No.1 Corporate Training Partner DIT No./ 711
We push the human race forward and so do you….. Unleash Your True Potential….!