HERE ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION OF LIMITED COMPANIES (CAP 486 LAWS OF KENYA )
- Proposed name must be reserved pending registration (Name can only be reserved for thirty days). Application for reservation should be made in writing and be accompanied with the requisite fee.
- Documents for incorporation of company (i.e. memorandum and Articles of Association) should be drawn by a lawyer, who should submit the same to the Registry together with the prescribed forms and fees. These forms are obtainable at the Registry.
- All companies must appoint a qualified certified public secretary as company secretary
- Certificate of Incorporation is processed within 7(seven) days of presentation of PROPERLY completed forms.
- Refusal of registration is communicated in writing to the applicant.
NOTE: A registered company MUST forthwith comply with the requirements of the Companies Act, e.g. filing of Annual Returns.
- Form 203 – Particulars of Directors and Secretaries.
- Form 201 – Notice of situation of Registered Office.
- Form 208 – Declaration Of compliance.
- Statement of Nominal Share Capital form.
Public Companies : In addition to the above Forms, Public Companies must also submit
- Form 209 – Consent to act as Director of a company.
- Form 210 – List of persons who have consented to act as directors.
- Form 212 – Declaration that the provisions of sec. 111(2) b have been complied with Statement in lieu of prospectus.
FOREIGN COMPANIES : Required Documents
- Certified copies of foreign companies memorandum and Articles of Association and Certificate of Incorporation duly certified by a Notary Public.
- Form 236 – List of documents delivered for registration by a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Form 237 – List and particulars of the directors and secretary of a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Form 238 – List of names and addresses of the persons resident in Kenya authorized to receive service on behalf of a company incorporated outside Kenya.
- Form 250 – Notice of situation of registered or principal office or change therein of a company incorporated outside Kenya.
If you are looking to form a company please feel free to contact;
Dolphins company secretaries
Town Office-View Park Towers ,10th Fl ,Utalii Lane /
L584-off UN Avenue, Gigiri.
P O Box 27859 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel +254-20-2211362 /382
Email ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dolphins Group. Never Seen a Tomorrow,Do It Today!